Surfer® is a full-function 2D and 3D mapping, modelling, and analysis software package for scientists and engineers. Surfer’s sophisticated interpolation engine quickly transforms XYZ and XYZC data into publication-quality maps. Virtually every aspect of the map is customizable.
Important Features of Surfer –
- Create Professional Maps for Your Field – Easily communicate both simple and complex spatial data. Whether your work pertains to geology, hydrology, construction, the environment or any related industry, Surfer gives you the tools to create high-quality maps to clearly deliver your message to coworkers, clients, and stakeholders alike.
- Model Data in Multi-Dimensions – Gain deeper insights into your data by viewing in three-dimensional space. Surfer’s 3D viewer makes it easy to model, analyze, and understand all aspects of your data. Switching between Surfer’s 2D and 3D perspectives ensures you discover all of your data’s patterns and trends.
- LiDAR Point Clouds – LiDAR is an increasingly popular data collection method used within many fields including archaeology, surveying, GIS, and more. Use Surfer’s extensive LiDAR processing and visualization features to take advantage of all that LiDAR has to offer.
- Surfer’s LAS/LAZ Filtering Options –
- Spatial filtering based on XY bounds or elevation data limits
- Import every Nth point
- Import only the desired Return type or Classification values
- Import data with specified Source ID
- Flag filters such as scan direction, edge of flight, or synthetic, key, and withheld points
- Streamlined Workflows – You will be up and running in matter of minutes. Surfer’s user interface was designed to take the guesswork out of learning a new program for users in any industry, from hydrology to construction. We worked hard to streamline workflows so you don’t have to.
- Enhance Maps & Models – Surfer gives you the tools to visualize and model all types of data, but it doesn’t stop there. Surfer’s extensive customization options allow you to convey complex ideas in an easy to understand manner, whether applying for a grant, presenting to a class or sharing your findings with industry peers. Enhance your maps and models with a variety of customization options.
- Full Grid Control – Surfer gives you extensive control over grid files. Create isopach maps for structural geology, calculate volumes for inventory management or derivatives for terrain analysis, and even create site suitability models all with grid files. Achieve a complete understanding of your underlying data.
- Edit Contours – Edit contour lines down to the finest detail. Surfer’s grid editor lets you quickly adjust contour lines by interactively editing the underlying grid file. Display point data or base layers in the grid editor for context, so you know exactly where and how to edit your grids. Brush, warp, smooth, push down or up, and erase grid nodes, and immediately see the changes to your grid-based maps.
- Grid Data with Certainty – Have complete confidence in the accuracy of your model. Surfer provides numerous interpolation methods to grid regularly or irregularly spaced data onto a grid or raster, and each interpolation method provides complete control over gridding parameters. Plus, no time is wasted with multithreaded gridding!
- Immediate Access to Online Data – An abundance of data is at your fingertips waiting to be visualized. Surfer gives you immediate access to worldwide aerial imagery, Open Street Map imagery, worldwide vector data, and terrain data. If you have your own favorite data servers or access to a private data server, include a custom link to that source for easy access. Surfer makes it easy to access the surplus of online data.
- Work Seamlessly with all Coordinate Systems – Your job is to transform data into valuable visualizations. Surfer’s job is to make it easy for you. Surfer effortlessly manages unreferenced data and data projected in different/multiple coordinate systems. It really is that easy.
- Complete Compatibility – Seamlessly visualize and analyze data from multiple sources for multiple industries. Surfer natively reads numerous file formatsincluding SHP, DXF, and XLSX. Surfer also supports all popular export formats. An extensive set of data management tools are at your disposal for complete compatibility.
- Collaborate with Confidence – Quickly share your work with colleagues, stakeholders, and clients in geology, hydrology, construction and beyond. Surfer models are ready for printed publication with the high quality export formats including PDF, 3D PDF, or TIF. Alternatively, share your work online with web compatible formats like JPG or PNG. If you are preparing for a presentation, simply copy and paste your map or model into presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Word.
There are no reviews yet.